Fairmont Peace Hotel, Shanghai
First opened in 1929, Fairmont Peace Hotel, Shanghai was celebrated as the number-one mansion in the Far East. The then-Cathay Hotel had a prime spot and plush amenities that attracted celebrities and ex-pats, especially at its renowned Old Jazz Bar. Today, the 270-room hotel offers the same allure, although updated, as evidenced by the indulgent Willow Stream Spa, which features a skylit pool. Cathay Room & Terrace offers modern European cuisine with picturesque views of the Bund and Pudong skyline, Dragon Phoenix is the city’s premier Chinese restaurant; and the beloved jazz bar still serves up lively tunes and timeless cocktails.
Hotel TipThings really get swinging at the Saturday Tea Dance and Sunday Tea Jazz in the hotel’s Jasmine Lounge.
Virtuoso Preferred Supplier Since 01 Apr 2015
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary buffet breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay
- $100 USD Equivalent Food & Beverage credit, to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- $100 USD Equivalent Spa Services credit to be utilized during stay (not combineable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- One complimentary non-alcoholic drink per guest per stay at The Jazz Bar, for up to two in-room guests per room per stay (Not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi