Islington is Hobart’s only 5 star hotel offering personal service and fine Tasmanian food and wine.
The 11-room Islington Hobart on Australia’s laid-back southern island is a few minutes from the city center with views of Mount Wellington. This historic and urban lodge overflows with an eclectic collection of art and antiques, including Picasso sketches, Khmer statues, Persian rugs and Japanese lacquer furniture. The two-story glass conservatory is a standout and houses the main dining area, serving bespoke menus. Pluck a good tome from the inviting library, and stroll the garden for its reflecting pond, exotic blooms and 100-year-old willow. The hotel makes a posh base for day trips to nearby wineries and Freycinet National Park.
Hotel TipVisit Bruny Island, south of Hobart, and take part in a Pennicott Journey and experience the island like no other. –Robyn Sinfield Penguin, Tasmania
Virtuoso Preferred Supplier Since 01 Nov 2012
- A la carte breakfast for two people already included in the rates
- Full breakfast for two people already included in the rates
- One $75 USD equivalent credit toward dinner (Exc alcohol) in Islington Restaurant. Valid per room once during stay
- Welcome glass of premium sparkling Tasmanian wine per person valued at $30 per room
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi