Effective Date: September 23, 2016
Our privacy practices may vary in the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
• Information We Obtain
• How We Use The Information We Obtain
• Online Tracking
• Information We Share
• Data Transfers
• Your Choices
• Notice to California Residents
• Links To Other Websites
• How We Protect Personal Information
• Access and Correction
• How To Contact Us
We obtain certain personal information in connection with the services we provide. The types of personal information we obtain include:
• Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
• online password and other log-in details;
• payment information, such as name, billing address and payment card details (including card number, expiration date and security code);
• booking information;
• information about travel plans, interests, preferences and agency and advisor affiliation;
• demographic information we acquire from third parties; and
• other personal information in content you provide to us on our websites, such as in comments to our blog posts and feedback
In addition, when you visit our websites, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. The information collected in this manner includes IP addresses, operating systems type, browser type, domain and other system settings. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we collect “clickstream data,” which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. If you wish to disable the storage of cookies on your device, you may do so using the settings on your browser or device. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites. For more information on deleting or controlling cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
We may use the consumer information we obtain to:
• Create and manage your profile and account;
• offer and provide products and services to you, such as hotel bookings and marketing materials;
• communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, surveys, events, programs, contests, promotions and other offers;
• communicate with you on behalf of our Member Agencies and preferred suppliers;
• display content on our websites;
• respond to and communicate with you about your inquiries and requests, and provide information you request;
• process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
• operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; and performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
• perform data analyses (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
• protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
• comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our websites and (ii) managing our business. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our websites, identify users of our websites, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our websites, how users navigate through our websites, and how we may tailor our websites to better meet the needs of our users.
We also use third party web analytics services on the websites, such as those of Google Analytics, Hotjar and Optimizely. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the websites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the websites. To learn more about Google Analytics, Hotjar and Optimizely and how to opt out, please visit www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html, https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out or https://www.optimizely.com/opt_out/.
We also may use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We utilize Google Display Advertising (such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) to (1) show you our ads on other websites based on your prior visits to our websites, and (2) better understand our ad impressions and use of ad services. In connection with the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting service, we may use data from Google’s interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to understand and improve our marketing campaigns and website content.
Some of our online advertising takes place through Google Display Advertising. As part of this program, we use Google Analytics features such as retargeting. In connection with that feature and others offered by ad networks, we and the operators of ad networks, including Google, may use third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) to inform, optimize and serve ads across the Internet based on a user’s past visits to our websites. We also may show you ads from some of our affiliates when you visit our websites. You can opt out of Google Ads by clicking here.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, (iii) for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings, or otherwise for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
By submitting personal information to us you consent to the transfer of your personal information to countries that may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. If you do not want your personal information transferred as indicated here, please do not submit any information to us.
Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact Virtuoso as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
Our websites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
777 Main Street, Suite 900
Fort Worth, TX 76102