STAY WITH PEACE OF MIND
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas and Avani Hotels and Resorts are committed to safeguarding guests’ safety, health and wellbeing during every moment of their stay.
Arrival and Departure
Guests have the option to check in online prior to arrival and check out online before they depart. Everyone arriving at our properties has their temperature checked, protective screens are place at the front desk, all key cards are sanitised before check-in, and all luggage is sanitised before it enters the property.
Hotel vehicles used for airport transfers and/or excursions are fully sanitised after every journey (this also applies to external supplier vehicles). All on-site vehicles, such as buggies, are thoroughly cleaned between passengers. Our drivers follow the strictest hygiene standards and hand sanitiser is available in every vehicle.
Anantara Guardians and Avani Shield Agents
These specific roles have been allocated to outstanding team members to ensure the highest level of health and safety compliance at all guest touch-points. They will be constantly monitoring all Covid-19 protocols put into place, and can arrange medical assistance and advise on local hospitals and medical care if required.
All team members have received enhanced COVID-19-related health and safety training, including correct procedures for wearing masks and PPE equipment and physical distancing awareness. Regular training will continue as the current situation develops.
Hand sanitising stations can be found throughout every property, at receptions, lobbies, restaurant entrances, meeting and events spaces, lifts, spas, pools and fitness areas.
The Royal Livingstone by Anantara and the Avani Victoria Falls Resort are in full compliance with World Health Organisation (WHO), Environmental Protection, Agency (EPA) and global government recommendations or recommendations and requirements made by local departments of health as applicable. We have also partnered with HYGENE X to develop enhanced cleaning protocols that are applied throughout our properties.
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas and Avani Hotels have adopted the very latest technologies to ensure the best-possible levels of cleanliness, sanitisation and disinfection throughout our properties. For example, our properties have already introduced UV sterilisation, UV light disinfection, and HVAC Hepa air conditioning technologies.
We have significantly increased cleaning schedules in all public areas with particular focus on high-touch areas such as door handles and lift buttons. We strictly adhere to physical distancing best practices to provide a safe environment for guests.
Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after every stay. Every room contains a personal hygiene kit with hand sanitiser for each guest. Bed linen, towels and laundry are changed daily and washed at a high temperature. Guests are given the option of when and whether they would like their room serviced.
Bars & Restaurants
Table spacing and specific dining protocols have been introduced to ensure physical distancing compliance and the highest hygiene and safety standards. We recommend that reservations are made in advance.
Capacity in fitness areas has been significantly reduced in line with physical distancing best practices. Cleaning schedules have been increased and hand sanitisers are available throughout fitness areas. All health and safety measures in our fitness areas are fully compliant with local requirements.
Meetings & Events
Capacities and dining options in all our meeting and events spaces have been revised in line with physical distancing best practices. All equipment has been updated as necessary to ensure seamless remote conferencing. All health and safety measures in our meetings and events areas are fully compliant with local requirements:
- Adjusting the maximum capacity of meeting space to facilitate physical distancing, introducing spaced out seating for all types for meeting room set-up.
- Mandatory temperature checks for contractors, suppliers and third-party partners who will also be required to wear face masks and gloves at all times during the pre-event setup as part of Avani’s ‘Trusted Partner Programme’.
- All stationary will be disinfected with a UVC device. Stationery displays will be replaced with an “upon request” system to reduce environmental waste.
- Ballrooms and meeting rooms will be thoroughly disinfected with a potent solution that meets EPA standards.
- Food and beverages will be prepared in the back of the house, as well only certified culinary team members wearing protective masks and gloves will be allowed to handle and serve food.
- A dedicated AvaniSHIELD Agent will be on hand to oversee implementation of new cleaning protocols and adherence to the latest health and safety guidelines.