To insure the highest level of safety, access to the hotel and property is for hotel and restaurant guests only, and by reservations in advance. We thank you for your cooperation at this time, and do hope to reopen to the public in the future.
Our Commitment for Safety
We reopen steadfast with the health of our guests and team members remaining our top priority. Our partnership with EcoLab, a global provider in hygiene services has provided us with the most thorough cleaning standards possible. Our entire Chanler team is fully trained and Covid-19 certified within the state of Rhode Island.
Current RI Travel Restrictions for Out-of-State Guests
We ask all out-of-state guests to check in frequently with RI.Gov and to review state guidelines for the latest travel requirements for entering Rhode Island due to Covid-19. Our Chanler team will be happy to assist in advance should you have any other questions relative to your travel and stay with us while in Rhode Island.
COVID-19 Practices, Protocols, Enhancements
- Temperatures and pre-screening are taken for all team members prior to the start of their shift
- All staff are required to wear masks on property
- Requirement for all team members to consistently wash their hands and use hand sanitizer
- Expanded public area cleaning and sanitation of all high touch surfaces
- Hand sanitizing stations provided throughout public areas and in employee-only areas
- Public areas including restrooms along with lawn furniture cleaned on an hourly basis
- New interior and exterior signage created for directional purposes and social distancing
- All employees trained and certified in COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols
- Per Rhode Island state regulations, The Chanler has developed a COVID-19 response plan
- Guest room thoroughly sanitized prior to your arrival
- We have removed items such as Nespresso machine, iron and ironing board, extra blanket, notepad and pen - we will gladly place them in your guest room prior to your arrival should you so desire
- Decorative bedding has been removed from each guest room
- We offer 3 levels of housekeeping to choose from during your stay: full service, limited, or no service
- In room dining is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Arrival, Departure, & During Your Stay
- Option of contactless arrival and departure based on your comfort level
- We will place our customary concierge call prior to your stay with us to discuss any concerns and requests you may have
- Furnishings in the mansion and throughout the property have been adjusted for social distancing
- Our driving service throughout Newport is in limited operation this season
- Plexiglass has been installed around the front desk
- Indoor occupancy reduced to 66% of capacity. Outdoor capacity is limited to state guidelines.
- A maximum group size of 15 / 8 people per table
- Tables are set 8 feet apart
- Reservations must be made in advance by calling 401-847-2244 or via OpenTable
- Please arrive no more than fifteen minutes prior to your reservation. You can check in with our staff positioned under an umbrella and wait in your vehicle until we call you for your table, per RI Department of Health regulations
- Face masks are required while dining, except when eating or drinking. We will refuse seating and service to individuals without face coverings.
- Tables are set only upon your arrival
- Tables and seating are sanitized before and after your visit
- Plexiglass has been installed around the open air kitchen in Cara