In the April/May 2016 issue of Virtuoso Traveler
(our Family Issue): hotels that cater to canines, high-school graduation trips, what to pack for junior jet-setters, sweet treats around the globe (gelato in Rome, anyone?), National Park adventures, and how to plan a family reunion for the ages.
Read the full issue here.
10 Desserts from Around the World
7 Must-Visit U.S. National Parks
The Best Trips for High School Grads
How to Plan a Family Reunion
Tours that Take You Behind the Big Screen
Travel Two Ways: Cape Town or Cape Cod
PAST ISSUES OF VIRTUOSO TRAVELER:
| December 2015
| October 2015
Our Favorite Finds from the April Issue
“I travel because the best moments in life happen when you’re seeing the world with the people you love. Why wouldn’t I travel?”
Virtuoso client Vicky Chen loves traveling with her two sons. She works with Austin-based advisor Krista Betts.
See p. 12 for more
- Jet-setting pets can now fly first class and business class between L.A. or San Francisco and New York City on American Airlines. Compartments keep small dogs comfortable and within reach of their human’s lie-flat seat.
- A dog’s life can be tough. Book an in-room massage for your dog, available at The Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch.
- Remember building a fort as a kid? This chic slumber party package is even better. After a day of sightseeing, kids return to their room at The Mark in Manhattan to find a teepee set up for the night. The party also includes a selection of movies, and chocolate milk and cookies from The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges.
- Dallas-based advisor Mary Jean Thompson loves the new Norwegian Escape for family travel. Among her favorite finds: The Haven, with exclusive card access, 24-hour butler service, and a private pool; the Vibe Beach Club, a quiet adults-only hideaway; and the Aqua Park for kids, with four multistory waterslides.
- Manifesta 11, the European Biennial of Contemporary Art, is a 100-day event held in venues across Zurich, beginning June 11.
- All About Dada: To celebrate the 100th anniversary of Zurich’s famed avant-garde Dada movement, the city is hosting Dada 100 through July 18, centered at the historic Cabaret.
- Virtuoso travel advisors weigh in on the gift of family travel with the best trips for recent grads, including city escapes to London and Paris and an educational journey to the Galápagos Islands.
- Special events are taking place in nearly all of the 59 parks in the system, including the world’s first national park, Yellowstone, established in 1872 in Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming.