In the May/June 2016 issue of Virtuoso Life: Top Hotel Suites, Lodge Hopping in New Zealand, Secrets from Luxury Hotel Staffers, and more.
Read the full issue here.
From Symposium 2016 in Cape Town:
Best of Cape Town: Five insiders -- the city's top hoteliers -- tell us where to go in the Mother City.
Past Issues of Virtuoso Life:
March 2016 I January 2016 I November 2015 I September 2015
Our favorite finds from this issue:
“I travel out of a sense of high adventure. Nothing is more stimulating than seeing places I’ve never seen before. Hiking the hike, eating the food, cycling whatever they’ve got to cycle. It’s simply, let’s do this!”
Virtuoso client Kathleen McNamara loves traveling on solo adventures and with her husband and three daughters. She works with Denver-based advisor Dana Welch.
See p. 28 for more
Girl Power: First Female Pilot for Virgin Galactic
See p. 30 for more
- We love eating seasonally but we’ve been there and eaten that. A new dining trend: innovative spaces that rotate restaurants every few months. Chicago’s Intro and Boston’s Wink & Nod promote emerging chef talent.
New Museum Exhibitions
See p. 40 for more
- Retired U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Kelly Latimer has joined Virgin Galactic as its first female pilot.
How To Experience Siena’s Grand Tradition
See p. 48 for more
- Opening June 18, 2016 at the Hermitage Amsterdam: Catherine, the Greatest explores the eighteenth-century life of the longest-ruling czarina.
- The San Francisco Museum of Art reopens on May 14, 2016 with a ten-story addition.
Hotels with Delicious Welcome Cocktails
See p. 60 for more
- Twice every summer, Siena hosts the Palio horse races, a centuries-old tradition. Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco has secured prime seating overlooking the Piazza del Campo for guests booking a three-night experience.
- Try this at home - delicious welcome cocktails from favorite hotels, like the Sunrise from the Mandarin Oriental, New York, or the Pisco Sour from Palacio del Inka in Cuzco, Peru.