Portrait by Laura Flippen
Originally appeared in the March 2016 issue of Virtuoso Life.
This San Francisco
-based communications VP for the popular ride-sharing company loves a good road trip. Once a year the 39-year-old and three close friends take a “big” vacation (Mendoza
, Italy’s west coast, Machu Picchu); in between, he explores the U.S. by car, with adventures such as a ten-day drive from Palm Springs through the Southwest. Of working with his Virtuoso travel advisor, he says, “The experiences are completely unique because she knows me so well.” To wit: “In Mexico City
, I asked for a mezcal tasting. My advisor arranged a private tasting with the maker of a delicious local brand. We met him at his favorite restaurant, where the chef brought us small plates for two hours.”
“I DON’T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT…”
Find your own travel advisor to work with here.
- A deck of cards – always handy, whether a flight is delayed or after dinner over another bottle of wine.
- Hermès loafers. They’re comfortable enough to wear on the plane, and you can dress them up or down.
- Facial Soufflé by Elemental Herbology to save my skin on the plane.
- A spare pair of sunglasses. Nothing is worse than losing yours and having to buy a pair from the local tourist trap.
- A Band of Outsiders shirt jacket – the perfect layer for keeping warm that doesn’t take up too much room.