- Food & Wine
- Culture, History & Arts
- Beach & Sun
- Sri Lanka
When I studied abroad in Rome, Italy, I fell in love – with the beauty of Italy but also as a gateway to explore the rest of Europe. I have traveled more in Italy than the United States! Living there for an extended period of time allowed me to learn the language, discover and really live in the culture, understand the people, and cultivate great knowledge of the incomparable Italian food and wine. Before becoming a travel advisor, I worked in marketing & sales for the fashion and tech industries.
In my free time, I LOVE to cook and try all of the amazing restaurants in New York City. When I travel, I like to take cooking classes to learn more about the destination through its food. It allows me to get to know the locals while learning a new skill. I am considered a “walking YELP” by my clients, friends, and family.
I have traveled to 21 countries and five continents.
I love new and remote destinations that are still under the radar. I enjoy planning amazing trips to more traditional destinations, but including “off-the-beaten-path” sights that most tourists would miss. Some favorite trips I’ve planned have been to New Zealand, Bali, and Tanzania.
My Favorite Travel Moments/Destinations:
- Colombia – From Bogota to Medellin and Cartagena, there is so much to explore. The people are so proud of how far their country has come – it is a wonderfully hospitable place.
- Sri Lanka – For such a small place, it has it all. I love to travel by train and see the unbelievable views of the interior and beach. Plus, the onboard hawkers selling snacks definitely adds to a special experience.
- La Pergola – The 3-Michelin starred restaurant is set in the Rome Cavalieri Waldorf Astoria hotel and has stunning views of the city. Their 9-course tasting menu is a one-of-a-kind experience for foodies.
- Morocco – I love the vibrancy of the food stalls and hawkers of Jemaa El Fna Square in Marrakech, Morocco.
Places I Have Traveled
Reviews and Recommendations for Julie Banning
Virtuoso Verified Traveler
All reviews are from confirmed guests sharing exclusive insights
Sort reviews by
Working with Julie Banning, you will have access to:
- - Special perks and extra amenities
- - An experienced travel guide whom you can rely on before, during, and after the trip
- - Exclusive luxury resorts and properties
- - Once in a lifetime experiences
Explore with the BestVirtuoso Advisors are constantly pushing the boundaries in unique travel experiences.
Alliance programs are unique tailored experiences exclusive to travelers working with Virtuoso Travel Advisors.
- Sri Lanka